Don Sherman Hubert Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 345 was chartered on August 6, 1930. On May 12, 2011, the Fortiers-O’Grady VFW Post 147 merged with Post 345 and our charter now reads Hubert-Fortiers-O’Grady VFW Post 345. Construction of the building at our current location was completed on September 18, 1982 and now serves the Redford and Livonia communities.
In early 2015, the Redford Parade Authority, having assumed the assets of the Redford War Memorial , offered to provide funding for a tribute to all veterans from Redford Township, to be located on the grounds of Post 345. Members of the Post designed the monument and surrounding area. The monument was dedicated on National POW/MIA Remembrance Day, September 18, 2015.